This strategy builds upon the foundation of stepgridhybrid and its trend module, striking a balance between swift, small trades with high winning probabilities (scalping) and systematic trading at predetermined intervals (grid trading). This strategy's trend module incorporates multiple established concepts but is entirely innovative and allows for user-defined timeframes.
Optimal scenario: employing grid-style trading with highly adaptive trailing and a smooth exit. The following initial buy occurs once the market stabilizes.
- genuine multi-timeframe: user-customizable short, medium, and long timeframes for tracking elements like trend shifts, momentum intensity, and more. For instance, you could trade on 5m charts while monitoring 15m and 4h intervals.
- varying trading styles that are employed automatically according to opportunities:
- standard grid trading
- careful 'scalping' in upper ranges: seeking to leave the zone with no or minimal-sized bag, utilizing smaller amounts per buy order, stringent buydowns for DCA, and cautious sell trailing
- support trading: when the market appears unfavorable, grid buy trading ceases, and the strategy transitions to a mode where it trades higher timeframe supports with limit orders
- diverse sell trailing approaches, which are deployed automatically based on opportunities:
- traditional trailing with dynamic trailing ranges
- candle low trailing to track larger upward movements
- micro stop-loss style to initiate sell trailing quickly after riskier buy orders, tolerating minimal losses as a result
- improved ability to sell larger volumes at higher prices due to 'partial sell ratio cap' and enhanced sell trailing
- prompt recognition of trend direction shifts
- capable of exercising caution when opening new trades
When using the 'trade supports' option, cancel orders must be disabled in the global bot settings (accessible on the setup page).
Regarding the trend module
This strategy distinguishes itself from similar strategies through its trend features. While the precise workings remain undisclosed to safeguard the creator's work, the utilization of the data is more straightforward and transparent compared to previous strategies employing black box data.
All data discussed below can be viewed in the right sidebar on the chart page.
By analyzing data from three user-defined timeframes, one of six phases can be identified at any given moment:
- highly bearish
- bullish reversal
- extremely bullish
- bearish reversal
Trend sync leverages the phase system to ascertain whether the following actions are permitted:
- initiating new trades from a position with no balance to sell
- grid trading
- pausing grid trading and placing limit orders at higher timeframe supports
Trend plus employs the phase system to apply flexible trailing ranges, such as expanding the sell trailing range in a highly bullish market.
Trend scalping utilizes the phase system to enable 'scalping mode' when the market is either bullish or extremely bullish. This mode applies a more conservative sell trailing mechanism (including small, partial stop losses) and decreases the number of 'high' buy orders, preferring to buy more when the price drops slightly again.
All trend options can be used in conjunction, or individually.
Overbought status and momentum
By observing longer timeframes to determine if (and to what extent) the market is overbought and whether current momentum is bullish or bearish, the strategy can either exercise caution with new trades or extend trailing ranges to aim for increased gains.
The strict entry and strict dca options heavily rely on longer-term momentum status.
This strategy provides several settings that impose limitations on initiating new trades and allowing DCA; most of these settings can be used concurrently.
When all restrictions are disabled, the strategy behaves like a more adjustable version of stepgrid with minor hardcoded limits on repeated buy orders in the same price zone and superior sell trailing.