A futures strategy closely resembling the spot stepgridscalp strategy. The primary distinction is that it does not (apart from minor stop losses) partially close trades at prices inferior to the average entry price. Default settings vary from the spot, ensuring increased trading frequency.
- genuinely multi-timeframe: user-configurable low, medium, and high timeframes for monitoring elements like trend shifts, momentum intensity, and more. For instance, you can trade on 5m charts while also observing 15m and 4h.
- various trading approaches automatically employed when suitable:
- standard grid trading
- careful 'scalping' in upper ranges: striving to exit the zone with no or a minimal sized bag, using a smaller amount per buy order, stringent buydowns for DCA, and highly cautious sell trailing
- trading supports: when the market appears unfavorable, grid buy trading ceases, and the strategy switches to a mode where it trades higher timeframe supports with limit orders
- multiple sell trailing techniques automatically utilized when appropriate:
- regular trailing, featuring dynamic trailing ranges
- candle low trailing, for tracking significant upward moves
- micro stop loss style, to promptly initiate sell trailing following riskier buy orders, accepting a small loss as a result
- fast detection of trend direction shifts
About the trend module
The trend options differentiate this strategy from others alike. The specific details remain private to safeguard the author's work; however, the data usage is more straightforward and transparent than previous strategies employing black box data.
All data mentioned below is visible in the right sidebar on the chart page
Based on data from three configurable timeframes, one of six phases is identified at any moment:
1: very bearish 2: bullish reversal 3: bullish 4: very bullish 5: bearish reversal 6: bearish
Trend sync employs the phase system to ascertain if any of the following actions are permissible:
- initiating new trades when there is no balance to sell
- grid trading
- pausing grid trading and placing limit orders at higher timeframe supports
Trend plus leverages the phase system to apply dynamic trailing ranges, such as expanding the sell trailing range in a highly bullish market.
Trend scalping uses the phase system to enter 'scalping mode' during bullish or extremely bullish markets. This mode adopts a more conservative sell trailing method (including tiny, partial stop losses) and reduces the number of 'high' buy orders, opting for more purchases when prices slightly decrease again.
All trend options can be employed collectively or individually.
Overbought status and momentum
By tracking higher timeframes to determine overbought conditions and current momentum (bullish or bearish), the strategy can exercise caution with new trades or extend trailing ranges to target higher profits.
The strict entry and strict dca options heavily rely on long-term momentum status.
This strategy provides several settings that impose limitations on initiating new trades and allowing DCA; most of these settings can be used concurrently.
When all restrictions are disabled, the strategy behaves like a more adjustable version of stepgrid with minor hardcoded limits on repeated buy orders in the same price zone and superior sell trailing.